Friday, October 05, 2007

Cry For Me

Because I want to cry. The satellite installer guy just left. I am not going to be able to get satellite Internet. Seems there is a small forest standing in the way. The guy said I would have to cut down at least 5 or 6 very large trees and a huge amount of brush and then he could come back and try again.
One day, when I have had my fill of loading....loading....loading....I might just do that. I know we have a chainsaw somewhere around here...


UPDATE: OK I am done feeling sorry for myself, it is hard to feel sorry for yourself about Internet service when there are other more terrible, awful things happening in the world to feel bad about. I will just have to deal or maybe occasionally try the library.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'll shed some tears for you b/c that just sucks. Does that mean you're stuck with dial-up unless a tornado comes through and conveniently wipes out those 6 trees?

Anonymous said...

Awww, that's too bad! Can't you put the sucker on a telephone pole or something?

Family Adventure said...

That's a shame! I was looking forward to more frequent postings from you!! A second opinion?? Are we all out of alternatives?
- Heidi

Unknown said...

Why don't you buy a TV tower? That is what our satellite is on. Its way taller than the house. Seems like that guy had no imagination. (Our house is 20 feet from 20 acres of mature forest and the TV tower is on that side.)

Kate The Great said...

I am so sorry to hear you are stuck with dial up...

hellomelissa said...

i am sending satellite internet waves to you from my brain.... are you receiving??

i'm so sorry! if it makes you feel any better, we had satellite internet for a few years and it fairly well sucked.

Gina said...

Boo! Damn forests keep getting in the way. ;)