Monday, February 02, 2009

What Did You Do This Superbowl Sunday?

Did you watch the Superbowl? Were you at a Superbowl party eating chicken wings and getting shitfaced? We had a small feast here thanks to Hus. He made homemade hot wings, pizza bread and salad. I drank wine, but just a little.
Hus and the kids watched the game and I watched the commercials. Yes, I am that person who only watches the commercials during the Superbowl. I just am unable to watch sports. I try and I try but when I watch sports on TV, my mind just shuts down and I start daydreaming. When I snap out of it, I have no idea what happened in the game. This time I just surfed the web and looked up to he TV only during the commercials.
I wasn't too impressed this year. My favorite commercial which was played during the pre-game show yesterday, is this Sprint-Nextel commercial. It's been on the air for a few weeks now, but it's still my favorite.





This vid is of my all time favorite Superbowl commercial. It cracks me up.




Do you have a favorite commercial or special thing you do during the Superbowl?

9 comments:

Barb said...

I took a pass and slept through it all! Get it.. a pass! hahaha!

Kate The Great said...

I can't believe I actually watched part of it... it was interesting for about 5 minutes and then all the replays got boring...

Anonymous said...

I agree with you Heidi, it's not very interesting. My fav commercial was the Cheetos one, it's so cute and I love the tiger!!

Suzy said...

I watched the House marathon. That dog on head vid is hilarious.

MereCat said...

I am so like you about football. I wish I liked it, but it can't hold my attention, so I space out then I don't know what's going on and am even less interested.

I wasn't impressed with the commercials either. They were so unoriginal. I guess big business is too depressed to be creative.

What do I do during the superbowl? Usually, this.

Misty said...

We watched the last bit of the game and made quesadillas, buffalo chicken strips, and potato skins for our snacky food. Still, all we watched was the last bit. I LOVED the Bud commercial. They always seem to have the best ones.

Karen MEG said...

I'm like you, cannot watch sports on TV (unless it's the Olympics, occasional hockey as I'm a Canuck, but NOT football).
I loved that second spot... what a riot!

Lainey-Paney said...

that dog on the head commercial is funny! i've never seen that. cute.

Spring Valley Mirrors said...

Hi great reading youur post