Sunday, September 02, 2007

The Good,the Bad and the Ugly...Hair Pt5

I have always liked this picture of me. I would of course like it better if my hair wasn't 2feet tall. And it is quite frizzy. My hairstyle these days is pretty similar only much less tall and much healthier.

I think I made a mistake when I wrote that the first hairdo I posted was from the late '80's. This in fact was my hair in the late '80's. The other was a few years later. I remember having this and other black and white photos taken of me by a friend who was taking a photography course. I was majoring in fine art. I wanted to be an artist, painter, sculpter etc. But after I graduated changed my mind. Mostly because I just didn't think I was good enough. Maybe I was, maybe I wasn't. Now I just mostly do crafty things and I am good at that.

Recent conversation with my husband regarding this photo:

Hus: "Are you going to put that picture out?"(I was holding it and also a frame)
Me: "Yeah, why? You don't like it?"
Hus: "It's a bit scary"
Me: "What do you mean?"
Hus: "Your hair"
Me: "When I first showed you this picture many years ago, you said I look pretty, so if you say I look pretty in a new photo, maybe your just saying that?"
Hus: "Of course I think you are pretty, I think your beautiful, I love you"
Me: "Alrighty then"

He can really turn things around, can't he? Pretty slick.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Were you a metal music fan? I can just picture you at a Whitesnake concert :-)

Your face doesn't match the hair--you're so cute and sweet looking, and the hair is so wild and crazy!

Anonymous said...

I think it's hilarious because the first thing I thought, too (like Alissa) was that you look like you belong in a Whitesnake video!

Anonymous said...

I've found that the best way to deflect a man's comment about any part of your person, unless they've worked at Vogue or know Andre Talley or Tim Gunn personally is to smile, pick a random spot of their clothing, stare at it for a quizzical moment as you tilt your head, and walk away.

They usually yell after you, "WHAT? What's wrong with my belt? Hey!" Works every time.

NEVER let a man comment on anything without the proper credentials, and last time I looked, your husband was not gay.

Anonymous said...

I had Bon Jovi-ish hair, too. But mine was courtesy of perms. And perms.

Andie D. said...

Suzy's comment has me laughing!

I love your hair here and the pic is pretty sexy baby!