Thursday, June 04, 2009

LOUD!

One word describes E's birthday party, LOUD! Luckily it was an outside party for the most part and even when it rained for a few minutes, the girls stayed in the tent. I got soaked while barbecuing burgers and dogs.

The cake was decorated with E and her party guests. I made them out of gum paste and E helped me paint them with food coloring. The girls made up a game to decide who would eat whom. In the end, most just wanted to eat themselves.
The Cake

Little brother T
Birthday Girl

Tent Full Of Screaming Girls


The Party Favors


The Scavenger Hunt for Favors

The favors included flowered metal buckets and lip gloss from the dollar store, Petunias, a lollipop, and necklaces from Michael's. Each one cost under $3.

13 comments:

Ann Imig said...

That is probably the cutest cake I've ever seen. And those favors! Holy crap, woman!

Suzy Soro speaks very highly of you. I have to get over here more often. Thanks for stopping by!

Gina said...

Wow! That cake is fantastic!

Happy Birthday to E!

Gina said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Ziggy Stardust said...

That looks like it was a blast!

Anne

darsden said...

Happy Birthday E and what a cool cake. Looks like it was a total success and so fun. awesome :-)

Anonymous said...

The cake is awesome, but there's something a little bit creepy about eating your gum paste self. :-D

Suzy said...

Gee, maybe her gift will arrive soon? I have no idea how you do all that you do. You're amazing and i'm a bum.

Anonymous said...

I'm sending my kid to your house for her birthdays!! LOVE that cake!

Karen MEG said...

That cake is so, so AWESOME!!!

And what an amazing landscape to host a party in... happy birthday to E. Pretty sweet loot buckets too!

Anonymous said...

You really know how to put on a party! I love the party favours - might have to pinch that one myself for ICE's party bash - if you don't mind of course.
Loved the cake also!

alison said...

What beautiful party favours! I'm pouting because my girls' bdays are in Oct and Feb. And not in the spring. Those really are lovely, as is the cake.

Kate The Great said...

Samantha's 11th is coming up so thanks for some great ideas... I think we are going to do 80's themed movies: Pretty in Pink, 16 Candles, Teen Wolf... after reading your post I may set up the projector outside!

joanna said...

Heidi, you freakin' amaze me! If I let my daughter see that cake she would run away to be adopted by you.