Saturday, June 20, 2009

Saturday Sounds 3

Today's Saturday Sounds goes out to Jeff. A little birdy, AKA your wife, told me you like music from the '50's and '60's, especially Elvis. Being that my taste in music is fabulous, I also love music from that time period and of course I love The King.

When I was in my early 20's, my girlfriends and I frequented, 3-4 times a week, a club named Shabooms. There, the DJ only played '50's and '60's music. A couple shot's of Tequila in the car before going in, a couple Long Island Ice Tea's when inside, and we would be tearing up the dance floor. So many great dances like The Monkey, The Swim, The Twist, The Watusi (which I thought was The Mashed Potato),and just jumping up and down were some of my favorites.

I can't remember all of the men I went home with after a night out at Shabooms. Seriously, I CAN'T remember.

Here are two of my favorite Elvis songs, a slow one and a fast one. Don't know why, I've never been to Kentucky.
Enjoy

6 comments:

Suzy said...

OMG. I LOVE ELVIS SO MUCH!! Suspicious Minds does it for me. I love that Ringo's homage to Elvis was the rings. I love that one season on Idol some TWIT of a kid said, "I didn't realize how talented Elvis was until I had to listen to his songs"

I love the Watusi but never remember how it goes. I WOULD HAVE LOVED SHABOOMS. SOMEONE START THAT AGAIN.

I love that I saw E live and tried to sneak into the penthouse elevator to go see him until one of his bodyguards threw me out. Fool.

My ex, the one you know about? LOOKS LIKE ELVIS.

I love that E was a blond and died his hair black.

I hate that he's dead.

Bee said...

Here because Suzy made me come over to cheer myself up. Burning Love is my absolute FAVORITE Elvis song. I can't help but get up to dance every time I hear it! :o)

Michel said...

OOH! I love Elvis! Suspicious minds is ALSO my fav!

shabooms sounds like someplace you'd go to and then go home with boys! It's all in the name there!

Ziggy Stardust said...

Great post. After a couple of Long Island Iced Teas I would be laying on the dance floor rather than tearing it up lol.

Anne

Ma said...

Oh Heidi - I really envy you your misspent youth. I've always been such a freakin' good girl (well, almost always...)

This little birdy wants you to know that all your TLC for Jeff and me has just blown us away. You are certifiably the best, and we'll put it in writing if you need us to. Well gosh - I guess I just did...

Fern Driscoll said...

What a really nice thing to do for Jeff. I've known the guy for 25 years and didn't know he liked... Elvis? The things you learn about your friends! Thanks for the info...