Monday, March 02, 2009

Poor Little Buddy!

I just got home from the doctors office. T woke up with a fever again so I took him to the docs. Poor little guy has pneumonia. They are going to start treating him at home instead of at the hospital because he is drinking okay. They did have to give him two injections of antibiotics in his backside though. We have to go back and follow up at the office in 24 hours to make sure he is getting better. Right now he's feeling better and is watching one of the four movies I let him rent.
Sorry haven't had a chance to visit anyone yet today. Hopefully tonight.

4 comments:

Barb said...

Oh my gosh. Poor little guy. At least you have a clue what you're doing. I would have taken the ER route, because what do I know?

My mother's BP is spiking again. It's probably a panic attack; her Dr. just chaged one of her anti-anxiety meds about 4 days ago. ::sigh:: But she's almost 75 and it's been hovering around 180/80 all day. It was down to172/82 before dinner, which she refuses to eat. ::sigh::

I could never be a nurse. Sick people make me crazy. And when my sister, who is an RN, gets off work at 8:00 tonight, I'll be calling her.

Ma said...

Oh honey - you have been through the mill. When one of our own gets sick it's as though all the critical thinking we routinely apply to our patients at work just doesn't seem to come easy and we are the ones feeling completely responsible, and know that the rest of the family expects us to be the expert.

I get a lot of health questions from the musicians I work with (free-lance musicians are not famous for having great health insurance). I can give them the common sense stuff, but I always remind them that you get what you pay for...When it comes to kids, all bets are off. It has been so long since I tended to my own little ones and so long since my pediatric nursing training that any childhood illness freaks me - can't imagine what it would be like to be the "expert" in the household when one of your kiddies is scary sick. Hope things slow down for you in the home health department!

Lainey-Paney said...

Poor buddy.
Hope he's feeling better soon!

Anonymous said...

Heidi, that sure is scary! Those high fevers are terrifying for us parents, you guys have really been through the ringer. I hope you are all better soon.
XO