Tuesday, November 06, 2007

Living Room Pt 2

My Grackle


As you may have read in my first Living Room post, I am in the process of redecorating my living room. I am almost done but still have to paint the trim. I painted this Grackle on the wall in the corner above my sectional couch. My husband has 4 bird feeders he fills daily. It is hard not to become a bird lover since we get soo many bird visitors. The Grackles have always been my favorite. When seen up close they are very colorful and shimmery. And I love that they also look just a little spooky with their large yellowish white eyes and dark pupils.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I've already seen it but this angle up close is really purdy. You got some talent goin' on there girlfriend.

Gina said...

You painted that yourself? That so totally rocks!

Family Adventure said...

Heidi, you are very talented! Do you paint freehand, or do you use aids? I couldn't do this ever, even with assistance.
Thanks for sharing! Heidi

hellomelissa said...

NICE WORK!

Anonymous said...

That's awesome! I love the iridescence in his feathers.

Karen MEG said...

That's beautiful, it is quite spooky as you've put it. Looks very real too. I have trouble deciding on a wall colour, can't imagine having your type of talent!